Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Green Alligator

It's been awhile since I decided to check out the local antique stores, so I decided I would take a look around today. Lo and behold, the very first destination I went to netted me a gorgeous Royal portable within about 10 seconds of walking in the door. I didn't notice that the case was actually green until I got it outside, but wow just look at the interior case design as well. Absolutely stunning.

The machine is in what I call "Grandma" shape; likely bought brand new by a young lady in the 1920's or 1930's who kept very good care of it until stored away for awhile, before in the here and now a family member started cleaning out the estate and selling what they found.

Serial number of P62504 puts it as 1929.












5 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice find. Makes me wonder who first owned it and what they wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love that case & matching typer :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful machine - I like your term "Grandma shape".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen/noticed an interior of a Royal P case so beautiful. Now, I'll have to go check all of mine!

    ReplyDelete