Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Here one minute, gone the next: Deconstructing a Hammond Multiplex


It's not commonly known that Hammond offered the choice of either a wooden case, or a more expensive and artistically designed case.


Carefully taken out of its intricately designed case, the Hammond shows off next to a Corona Sterling that was on my workbench. Its one of those instances where, based on pictures, you think they're way bigger than they actually are.




This machine arrived with the express purpose of being torn asunder and cleaned, so I dug in immediately. First, I took the front cover off.


Then I pulled the anvil out, and took of the nearby hardware.


Next, I took the top of the front lever guide off. Once its off, the keys pull right out. Quite an outstanding design feature really.


Here's a look at the underside. 


Now, we carefully.... oh. Never mind.


1 comment: